Thursday, March 14, 2019

Bryce Canyon in Sun and Shadow




Bryce Canyon in Sun and Shadow
March 14, 2019
Prismacolor Colored Pencil
Taken from photograph of Bryce Canyon National Park by Shawn Taylor July 2013

I am really excited about this project. There was so much detail with all the different columns, they are called hoodoos, and light and shadow. I was not sure if it would turn out, but it looks pretty good after all. I created the drawing from a photograph my brother Shawn took while on a vacation we took to see my Dad’s parents and Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks. It was a really fun trip. We got pelted by a hailstorm while we were there, which was quite the adventure.

4 comments:

  1. It looks terrific Russ! Good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job capturing Bryce Canyon with colored pencil! You are very talented! I love this one! I also like what you have done with the computer paintings. You have some really nice effects. I’m sure that it is tricky with a computer. Nice work Russell. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like to see what you've been working on! I love the color of Bryce Canyon. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this latest project...seeing it brings back fond memories of our hikes there.

    ReplyDelete